The ‘Work’ in Networking
The key one is ‘Work’. Are you working your networking with persistence?
Here’s some thoughts to help you maximise your networking.
- Have more 1:1 appointments – an opportunity to find out more about others and explain your offering in more detail.
- Educate people in your network about your business, its offering and the benefits.
- Break your business down so people learn more about what and how you do it.
- Share evidence, case studies and testimonials, as proof you can deliver.
- Attend events (online and offline) consistently to build your relationships. You have to also work it not just turn up.
- Do you give referrals as well as expect referrals?
- Follow your nose – where is the money for you or the support you need?
- Be clear on the type of business you are looking for. Be specific. Paint a picture that your network can easily visualise.
- Are you saying the right things so people understand what you do and how they can refer you?
- What do you need to do to develop those individual key relationships in your network?